Central INdiana Churches for Haiti
CINCH (Central Indiana Churches for Haiti) began in 2002 began with an idea from Mary Johantgen from St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and nurtured by others which included
- Jeff, Sharon, and Kyle Newell of The Cathedral of St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception in Lafayette,
- Paul Zielenski of St. Malachy of Brownsburg,
- Barbara Cline and Anne LeClerc of St. Patrick in Kokomo,
- Germaine Tackett of St. Joan of Arc in Kokomo and
- Bill and Barbara Strasburger of St. Thomas Aquinas in West Lafayette.
Click the map for a list of CInCH churches and the twinning relationship that they have in Haiti.
Originally formed to share ideas, experiences, and opportunities with each other, the group began meeting quarterly. The idea for holding an annual Haiti Gathering grew out of these meetings. These Gatherings featured various speakers from all over the USA and Haiti as well as numerous breakout sessions on topics of concern to all who attended. Each one culminated with a Haitian Mass.
The first Haiti Gathering was held Oct 5, 2003. The first ten Gatherings were held at St. Mary Cathedral in Lafayette, and then shifted to St. Thomas Aquinas in West Lafayette beginning with the Gathering in 2011.
Click this link to take a historical look at each of the Haiti Gatherings held so far. http://saintmaryhaiti.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Haiti-Gatherings.pdf